Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies

Mmm, these are yummy and really cake-y. Oh, and this recipe makes a TON (like 7 dozen), so I recommend 1/2ing it! :) People always ooh and aah over these. Mmm.

1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or more ... I always add more:)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1) Preheat to 375*. Grease cookie sheets.

2) In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla and pumpkin until well blended.

3) Separately combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir into the pumpkin mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts (if you want.) Drop by teaspoon-ish size on the cookie sheets.

4) Bake 12-15 min until edges start to brown. Allow to cool for a few min before removing to wire cooling racks to cool completely.

1 comment:

Laura W said...

Yay, this is why I love that we have this neglected blog! :) I couldn't find this recipe anywhere, but thought I maybe posted it here once upon a time. Whoo! Off to make cookies! :)