Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin dinner!

Disclaimer: This recipe has no pumpkins in it, nor is it anything scientific. In fact, I just made it up as I went, a dinner that needed to be simple using ingredients that needed to be used with a festive Halloween holiday as inspiration. Bon Appetite!


Ingredients:

Tortellini (fresh, found in the deli/cheese section)

1/2 - 1 cup pureed carrots

1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce

1/3 jar of alfredo sauce


The sauce turns into a nice orange color, very tasty, and adds a little excitement to dinner when you tell the kids to enjoy mini pumpkins! The great thing is they gobbled it up and had seconds, all without realizing they were eating their hidden veggies. I suppose you could also use this sauce with meatballs.

And here are my models enjoying the tastes! Don't worry, that's really a happy face from my little boy, not supposed to look like he just put his tongue on a fresh lemon.





No comments: