Thursday, May 21, 2009

"The Best Chocolate Chip Cake in the Whole World"

This is Liz's recipe, but since I just made it, I'll post it. :)
1 pkg. regular devil's food cake mix (not butter or pudding style)
*use these instructions instead of those on the box*
1 small pkg of instant chocolate pudding mix
1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. oil
4 eggs
1 (8 oz) sour cream
6 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
1 c. pecans, walnuts, or almonds (optional)
  1. Grease and flour bundt pan or 9x13 or 3 layer pans
  2. In mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, and flour. Stir to blend.
  3. Add oil, water, eggs, and sour cream.
  4. Mix at medium speed for 2 min. or until well blended.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips
  6. Pour into pan and bake at 350* for 50-60 min. If using other pans, check after 30-40 min.
  7. Can be served plain, with powdered sugar on it or frosting.
**Yes, I realize my picture looks like a giant donut -- shoosh. :)

No comments: