Monday, June 8, 2009

Crunchy Picante Salad

Here Mel, I'm slow and you probably already got the recipe book anyway, but here. This is from Cooking Light's Superfast Suppers. These measurements are so exact, but this is really easy to just eyeball.


6 cups Preshredded Lettuce
5 cups Baked Tortilla Chips, broken into pieces
1 cup mild picante sauce
1/2 cup (2ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced olives, *I use WAY more than this!
1 ripe Avocado (I use 2)
1 Large Lime *Or lime juice it to taste. I use about 1/2 to 3/4 a lime and then serve it with lime wedges for others to add more if they'd like.
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro


Mix everything together except the Lettuce and Chips. Pile lettuce on individual plates and then plop some mixture on top and top with crunched up chips. It's best to keep things separate like this if you want to save leftovers so things don't get soggy, because they do, quickly. Also you can serve it with sour cream but it really doesn't need it.

2 comments:

Laura W said...

Yay! I am excited to try this! Good girl for posting. More please. ;)

Rachel Smith said...

So excited...I have been cravin' this goodness!