Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie yumminess

These are very similar (I just realized) to Rachel's chocolate chip cookies from our cookbook. I just found this recipe on my ipod (with the allrecipes.com app), and they turned out yuuummmmy. (It's also online here. I only edited it slightly based on comments.) I even messed it up and they are still amazing. Here goes --

Oh and 1/2 this recipe unless you want 6 dozen!
  • 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional -- they add a great flavor to these cookies)

  1. Preheat oven to 350*. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. I made these pretty big, with my medium cookie scoop overflowing a little, and 12 minutes was perfect. Edges should be golden brown. (Remember they will keep baking a bit when you take them out, so don't worry if they look a little soft still.)

No comments: